Monday, December 4, 2006

Brands revearsed

As i have stated in a post before, I am what you may call a social-trendy smoker. Of course, had I wanted to quit smoking tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to....

But, I still smoke because of that sense of boredom, of having nothing to do with your both hands during drinking you coffee or talking to a friend. Or even while writing some new very-important-for-the-company-report. I have often thought about quitting smoking, first of all because basicly I know it's a bad habit and it ruins my health. Kill me is a more accurate deffinition, I suppose. On the other hand, smoking doesn't make me sick (maybe this is because I am a fan of the light and lightest cigarettes) and I am very sure that I like to smoke. I like the gesture of taking the cigar to my mouth, I like the smell, I like to reflect myself in a mirror through smoke. Stupid.



Anyway, the new generation of cigarettes, with trendier looks of the package made me become the most instable client of the cigarettes producers. For the last 4 or 5 years, I used to smoke Kent and I barely accepted to try anything else. Then it was first Kent's commercials (printed ads) in women magazines that made me become proud of Kent as a brand that invests a lot, but in a stylish manner in their image on the market.

Later on, I discovered in the same women magazines (of course, www.cosmopolitan.ro and www.tangomagazine.ro) the same style of extremely cool and expensive, but innovative commercials for Parliament Lights, which made me accept the switch from Kent to Parliament. In the beginning, it was not permanent.

Then came this autumn when all the powerfull cigarettes brands started adopting the same higly interesting manner of print ads and therefore started to release on the market fancier looks for the pack itself.

I find myself nowadays as the most inconstant client: right now, I'm smoking Parliament Lights. Two days ago, I was smoking Dunhill. Three days ago I was smoking LM's slims cigarettes because of the mobile-phone-like pack. Four days ago, I was smoking Pall Mall because of the sunny picture on the pack that made me think maybe they have orange flavour or smth like that.

I have stopped smoking Kent at all. It was of course all of the aspects I have already presented....nothing fancy from Kent's advertising strategy nowadays.



Then, i do remember a night, from the 6th to the 7th of November. I smoked Kent, all of the variants, event the mentholled ones, together with a person to whom I had explained that I had begun to use cigarettes as a small distraction from a state of angerness every time it seemed to hit me. That night, at a moment, I felt like crying and the person gave me the impression that he was using his car's windscreen wipers as to wipe my tears.

Later on.....in Should I?

No comments: