Monday, December 4, 2006

introductory 2




There are some places that I could recommend in Timisoara for good accomodation at a fair price. I wouldn't even call them hotels...I think the most appropriate word is hostel.... basicly cottages or even houses with 10 to 20 rooms where everybody takes care of you and the personnel is used to treating you as if you were the most special guest of the week.

I personally love Hotel Carina for the wormness and the home-sensation-like one gets there. But I also have a funny story abot another hotel a lived in for something like three nights: Hotel Roma.

Let's start with Carina first: I guess it was the night from 11th to 12th of October 2006 when I decided not to go and sleep at my aunt's as usual but to choose a hotel instead....just for the benefit of being alone and not obliged to speak or to listen to anyone. I went to the restaurant and had dinner and then up to my room assorted with something like 4 beers - my usual Tuborg Gold, I guess. I remember taking a shower and washing my hair with the shampoo they were giving there for free. I had to wash my laundry too, which I did, so i had to sleep naked, but the room was worm enough as to feel good. The next morning I watched myself into the mirror and, don't know why, something reminded me about Kate Moss: the manifesto of skinny, almost hunger-dead cover models. First I liked it, but then I decided breakfast would be usefull though. I used to like Kate Moss, but this year, in Paris, I had the occasion to see how the new model generation looks and I got scared. Skinny means fat compared to how they look.

Anyway, I spent half of the night watching some local television station where they had a program about the Timisoara's Mall latest fashion parade. I was watching it with the interest of a person who's not living in Timisoara any more, because actually, I had travelled so much before that evening that I knew shit about Timisoara or its local events. Then I felt good listening to some music, either on MTV or on Radio 21. I know that with nowadays music programming software it's stupid to think that a DJ is playing a song just for you. But I liked to believe it with all my heart as I was alone and felt like talking to nobody but listening to some certain persons who were not there at the time. I felt asleep.

The next morning, I woke up, got dressed, danced a little just to freshen up then went downstairs and, after check out, I had some breakfast: egs and cheese and some coffee. Kate Moss was still there, in my mind.

After all, it had been a night that we had spent together.

No comments: